Thursday, June 28, 2007

This has been a good and interesting week. I have been having a hard time getting good sleep since the Hubby left. I have been worrying to much about things I have no control over. My Pastor told me to mind my own business and let God take care of the big stuff. And when I sleep to rest. So not only have I been sleeping but I have been resting when I sleep. It is such a good feeling. I have the energy to do the things I need to and to hang out with the Kiddos without having a short temper.

The interesting part is that a friend called me late Monday night to see if I would watch her girls the next day for about 10 to 11 hours. WOW was I tired the next day. They are good little ones but having two extra Kiddos around added to my 5 is taxing. I don't think I have to do that again anytime but it was nice have a somewhat balance between boys and girls. The other interesting part is that I have been teaching 9 to 11 year olds at VBS this week. My heart breaks for them because the community we are in is low income and most live just at or below poverty level. The Kiddos that come have no concept of respect and boundaries. Some of them have been great. There is one little girl who is so quiet and sweet. I just want to wrap her up and squeeze tight. I know most of these Kiddos just need a little bit of love and a whole lot of discipline. Tomorrow night is the last night and we are supposed to have a picnic at the park across from our church. That is if it does not rain.

It has been flooding in parts around me for the last two days. Tomorrow come rain or shine I have to go to Ft Hood with the 2 big Kiddos to get their ID cards. They are heading down to Vegas in a few weeks and they need an ID card to use the debit cards I am getting them through our bank. I am looking forward to have a couple of less Kiddos but am not looking forward to not having them to hang out with. Tomorrow is the last chance we will have to hang out so we are leaving the boys and making a day of it. I might take the camera. Who knows.

I am off to pick up the Big Man from summer school. He is doing ok in it but needs to bust his butt a little more to pass and get his credit. He is trying and working at it but needs to push a little bit more.

No comments: