Friday, March 14, 2008

Ok so I have embarked on another life changing event. I joined a gym. I started on Monday and worked out everyday this week. I finally found a place that I am not the biggest person there and the childcare is included. That was the selling point for me. I get two hours a day of someone else watching my boys while I sweat like I was back in the desert somewhere. I did enjoy it and I actually like going every morning. I will be losing 80 lbs in 8 months and have a goal each week of two pounds a week. I have to be running 3 to 5 miles at a time to keep up with Hubby. He is getting back into shape at AIT and we have always wanted to be running partners.I hope I can do it.

Another reason I have started this is because my youngest children have noticed I am not a small person and have made unfriendly comments. I also do not like looking in the mirror. I finally figurd out why I do not smile like i used to. I do not like my body and since it is something I can do something about I will take care of it now. I do feel better even though as I was working out I felt like I was going to puke my last two days of meals up. I feel as if I can accomplish anything that comes my way. If I can rid mysel fof two pounds by sheer sweat, endurance, and will then I will. I want to laugh and smile and not have the sinking feeling no one likes me without Hubby around. It sounds twisted but that is how I feel each time HUbby leaves. The more I thought about it the more I began to rethink how I looked at myself.

Anyway first week was a succuss. I started my week at 219 and ended at 217. Two pounds on this five foot four inch rame is a whole lot in terms a whole new life for me.

1 comment:

RedLegMeg said...

Keep up the great work! I'd like to lose about 15 pounds and can't seem to get started. I think making the committment to do the work is almost harder than actually doing it. Since you've already cleared that hurdle, I believe you're already well on your way!