Thursday, August 09, 2007

Just Beautiful!!

What makes me weak? My fears.

What makes me whole? My God.

What keeps me standing? My faith.

What makes me compassionate? My selflessness.

What makes me honest? My integrity.

What sustains my mind? My quest for knowledge.

What teaches me all lessons? My mistakes.

What lift's my head high? My pride, not arrogance.

What if I can't go on? Not an option.

What makes me victorious? My courage to climb.

What makes me competent? My confidence.

What makes me sensual? My insatiable essence.

What makes me beautiful? My everything.

What makes me a woman? My heart.

Who says I need love? I do.

What empowers me? My God & Me.


Who am I? I AM A STRONG CHRISTIAN WOMAN!


I am doing better today. A friend sent this to me today. It reminded me that I am not alone and I can do all things through Christ. So I had a bad day, it is nothing to be ashamed of or feel guilty for. I am human and nothing more if I stand alone. If I stand with God I can do it all and most the time with a smile on my face.

The last couple of days have been rough but I am getting better. I have adapted and overcome. Vacation plans have been changed and sitters notified of the changes. All is wonderful now. I have a weekend alone with Hubby and a family trip a few days later to look forward to.

Claire left a really neat comment on the last post. It made things alot easier to understand and clearer for me. Here is a portion of it:

I have a friend who used to participate in various Bike races. He even raced in the Tour de Ponte one year (not as an actual competitive racer.) He always said that the last several miles of the journey are the hardest. By the end, your physical resources are completely spent, and it causes you to collapse mentally and emotionally. He said there have been times he has crossed a finish line in tears.

You have been running a race and you had a finish line you were focused on. The next thing you know it has been moved back another 20 miles, and you collapsed for a moment.


I am exhuasted and I am done. Even though these last few days will probably been done in tears I will finish them and make Hubby proud. Thanks Claire for the words of encouragement and your friendship.

2 comments:

Butterfly Wife said...

Claire is an incredible woman and so are you. Best wishes and a big hug.

CShack said...

Well, I think that we are all in good company! ;) I am so glad that you had a moment of respite. You really have been through more than your share!